Friday, April 25, 2014

Spring! I should be planting! But...

Procrastination... or is it because I got a cold and felt MISERABLE that I didn't want to do anything for a few days? I spent time outside today emptying a sopping wet bag of manure composted dirt into some empty pots. How do they get that wet? My lettuce and cabbage is starting to come up and I hate myself for planting them next to one another since apparently they stunt each others growth. WHY can't they just get along for pete's sake? Anyhow, trying to garden with the moon signs is TOUGH when it rains and throws a big ole monkey wrench in the plans. Hopefully I will get some bedding plants on sale at the local farm store tomorrow when they are on sale so I can get stuff in the ground and not wait for them to pop up.

My list of things I want:

tomatoes - roma and some nice sized maters just perfect for canning I want a couple full garden rows of them
green peppers - need something to actually grow this year instead of pretending to put out fruit. Pfft!

green beans - maybe someone will quit donating tin cans of the things they do not want so I will actually eat my own canned beans.

peas - need lots of these and it's been too wet to plant. The toddler likes to eat them straight from the garden.

cantaloupe - these went nuts last year, so I may need to stagger plants so I'm not overwhelmed. They suck when defrosting as they got soggier than hell. :-(
strawberries - I should have covered mine so they wouldn't have died in the pot they were in. DANG IT!

cucumbers - must have some this year that actually grow. I bought some pickling stuff last year and couldn't use it cuz the blasted things burned up in the sun. :-(


So... thinking I need to re-arrange my mums that have come back up and move them somewhere else to slide some edibles in their place. Not quite sure what or how I'm going about it. So here I am at that lovely DUH crossroads and trying to make the most of my little city plot of land. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment