Thursday, June 19, 2014

1923 Singer Model 66 Redeye Decal Treadle

I drove to Kansas City a few weeks back and got a couple of treadle cabinets and 4 other treadle machine heads of various makers and model types. Today's post will be of the Redeye that I'm hopefully going to put to good use.

The 'before pic' is here:
I had to put her in a different cabinet that had a foot pedal on it as this one does not have it. :-( I'm currently on a search for the pedal from a local person so I don't have to chase one down off of eBay.

Here are other pictures of this machine now: 




I had to add a spool holder, the felt, and a new belt. I'm still trying to get that belt tight enough to work. Now to get the presser foot unstuck so I can use the machine to sew a few things as a test. I'll also come back and use something on the wheel for the rust. So excited to see something locked up and not moving to get to this point. YAY!

My biggest help for getting me more active in this adventure of rehabbing old machines lays with this wonderful Facebook Group of Enablers: 

Vintage Sewing Machines

No comments:

Post a Comment