Sunday, May 11, 2014

Re-birth of a Vintage Japanese Branded Sewing Machine



Okay, I did another garage sale thing yesterday and brought this baby home. Her cabinet is in bad shape and she is a little dusty with quite a few cobwebs. It's another Japanese Branded Sewing machine where many badges of all different names are put on a sewing machine. This one has embroidery cams to make designs while stitching. So first things first we will take it out of the cabinet and fix the leg that has become unattached. Then the machine will be totally cleaned and re-oiled. Then we'll put her back in and test her out.

For those of you hitting google trying to find these machine manuals and parts, it is a tough ride. We rely on one another to post the information we find to save us days or even weeks of research. So anyone looking for the Coronado, manual or info... go to the Singer website and type in W231 for the manual in the manual search page. Apparently I have a White machine after all.

A big thanks to Yahoo Group - vintagejapansewingmachines for the information I received so I can get done with this latest venture. :-)

The FREE manual for this machine can be found HERE

1 comment:

  1. I got the cabinet put back together since it was lacking 2 bolts in it. After rearranging my living room I'll clean this baby up and post some new pics. :-)

    ReplyDelete